This month's Recipe Redux theme is titled Bars & Bites for Brown Bags. What a timely theme for me since lately, I have lost most of my creativity when packing my son's lunches and snacks. I am in the first trimester of my second pregnancy and let's just say I haven't felt too good, cooking has not been a top priority, and I have fallen back on quick and easy family favorites. One nice thing about cooking less is less clean up and a clean kitchen floor!
I have been experimenting with a variety of homemade granola bars over the past year, but haven't found one I enjoy until now! I modified a Homemade Granola Bar recipe from My Whole Food Life and came up with these Chewy Chocolate Chip & Raisin Granola Bars. I like that these bars are chewy (unlike a lot of recipes I have tried) and have a sweet, but not overpowering flavor from the combination of maple syrup, chocolate chips, and raisins. I have been packing these bars for snacks for both myself and my son.
With Zest & Zeal,
Chewy Chocolate Chips & Raisin Granola Bars - vegan, gluten-free
- 2.5 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 T hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture down into the baking dish. Use a small piece of parchment paper to firmly press the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the pan cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Join our community and receive our Free Menu Planning Guide to make the most of your weekly meals.
This post contains affiliate links (more info here). I only recommend products that I either use myself or would be comfortable using.