We had another family fun weekend. Saturday, our neighborhood had a community yard sale, so we made a little money selling our no longer needed items and spent the evening having dinner and drinks with my husband's co-workers. Sunday, we went for a family walk and hit the pool. It was also the perfect weekend to grill. The weather was just lovely and not uncomfortably humid.
As you have heard many times, my husband and I both love Mexican food and grilled corn (non-GMO, of course) is my husband's favorite grilled veggie. So, we enjoyed sirloin steak with a Mexican-inspired rub topped with avocado salsa and a side of grilled corn. One of my favorite things about grilling is that I don't have to wash any pots or pans after dinner!
With Zest & Zeal,
Mexican-Style Sirloin Steak with Avocado Salad
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1/2 T oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- PInch of Himalayan salt
- 1.5 to 2 pounds of sirloin steak
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in shallow dish. Place each steak directly into the dry rub mixture and make sure each side is well coated.
- Let the steaks sit for 30 minutes. Coat each side with a bit of melted butter before grilling.
- Grill and Enjoy!
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and serve on top of your steaks!
Join our community and receive our Free Menu Planning Guide to make the most of your weekly meals.
This post contains affiliate links (more info here). I only recommend products that I either use myself or would be comfortable using.