It's the 21st and that means it's time for Recipe Redux! Recipe ReDux is a website that focuses on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them healthier for you. Each month a theme is posted and the participants are challenged to create a recipe around the theme. The recipes are always posted on the 21st of every month. So be on the lookout for our monthly Recipe Redux post!
August's theme is Raising the Bar on Food in a Jar. I have become somewhat of the glass jar junkie. I have an entire kitchen cabinet devoted to all sizes of mason jars. They are just so versatile. I not only use them for food, but also for most of my personal care products. I make refrigerator oatmeal for breakfast most days of the week, and I thought it would be fun to experiment with another breakfast item in a jar that I could easily make the night before and bring to work.
This chia seed pudding is delicious and creamy. It almost reminds me of my homemade whipped cream, which I eat by the spoonful (shhhh...don't tell anyone). It has just the right amount of sweetness. A definite keeper on my breakfast menu.
Ingredients - 1 serving
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup coconut milk (may substitute with regular milk, almond milk, etc)
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 2 T chia seeds
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 kiwi, sliced
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Place coconut milk and maple syrup in mason jar. Cover with lid and shake well to combine.
- Add the next five ingredients. Cover with lid and shake well to combine.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
*Note: This post contains affiliate links