Get really excited! It's a crockpot recipe! You know I just love this spectacular piece of kitchen equipment. I am also a fan of traditional-style Asian orange chicken, but it is typically fried and honestly I don't like dealing with the clean-up after frying or the smell it leaves in my house. I would rather come home to a meal already prepared with that same delicious orange flavor.
This recipe is so easy; I prepped it the evening before so the chicken was marinating in the juices overnight. I always use organic, wheat free tamari instead of soy sauce. Check out my Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe to learn why. You can also use coconut aminos if you are trying to avoid all soy. I added fresh ginger since I just love the refreshing taste it gives to Asian dishes. Enjoy!
With Zest & Zeal,
Slow Cooker Orange Ginger Chicken
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 2.5 T cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- Zest & juice from one orange
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- Green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Mix together the first seven ingredients (through ginger) in a bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and place diced onion around and on top of the chicken.
- Pour orange honey mixture over chicken. Cook on low for ~8 hours.
- Sprinkle chicken with green onions and sesame seeds.
Join our community and receive our Free Menu Planning Guide to make the most of your weekly meals.
This post contains affiliate links (more info here). I only recommend products that I either use myself or would be comfortable using.