"Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle, those jigglers!" Anybody remember that commercial? Am I dating myself? As Jaime mentioned in her post the other day, there are some great health benefits to consuming gelatin--improved digestion, joint health, skin, hair and nail growth. Sign me up! Now, we aren't talking JELL-O. We are referring to 100% pure gelatin made from grass-fed cows.
I decided to try out a kid-friendly snack using Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin (a sister product to the Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate Jaime mentioned) and made Strawberry Mango Fruit Snacks. The fun shapes were made with this Freshware Jelly and Candy Mold. The results? My husband said they were "refreshing." I thought they needed a tad more sweetness. But the most important evaluation came from my toddler nephew who LOVED THEM! These will not be the desserty jigglers from your childhood but are a fun, delicious, and healthy snack option for the kiddos (or if you want a jiggly treat for yourself...ya know, for your joints and skin. :)
With Zest & Zeal,
Strawberry Mango Gelatin Fruit Snacks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (defrosted and puréed in a blender)
- 1 cup 100% mango juice
- 1 cup of water divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pure gelatin
- 1/4 cup honey (or more to taste)
- Organize all ingredients before you start the process.
- Boil 1/2 cup of the water.
- Put 1/2 cup of cool water in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup gelatin to the cool water and mix to form a paste.
- Quickly add the boiling water and mix.
- Add the honey and blend well.
- Add the strawberry purée, mango juice and juice of one lemon.
- Make sure ingredients are mixed well. I did a quick few second run through the blender.
- Pour into molds or a greased glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Will keep in refrigerator (in airtight container) for 1-2 weeks.
Join our community and receive our Free Menu Planning Guide to make the most of your weekly meals.
This post contains affiliate links (more info here). I only recommend products that I either use myself or would be comfortable using.