A couple of weeks ago I brought you a bit of spring with my Gluten-Free Lemon Muffins and my Rhubarb Bellini. This week, I have a spring-inspired side dish of sugar snap peas! You know I am all about simple recipe. If a recipe has too many ingredients, steps, or requires me to dirty more than a few dishes I won't be making that recipe. Nope, I don't have time for such nonsense. :) I cook so much that I want and need (for my own sanity) to keep everything as simple as possible.
I typically focus my meal planning efforts on the main dish and tend to get a bit lazy when it comes to the side dish. I rely on very simple sides such as a side salad or a plate of raw chopped veggies. Yes, my son will eat raw broccoli without any dressing - I think he might be a toddler from another planet. He definitely makes it easy on this dietitian mama.
This sugar snap pea side dish is so easy and tasty. If you are avoiding dairy, you could substitute coconut oil for the butter. I personally prefer the buttery flavor with the sweetness of the sugar snaps peas. My son loves this recipe and usually cleans his plate of peas. Pass the peas, please!
With Zest & Zeal,
Sugar Snap Peas with Parsley - gluten-free, vegetarian
- 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon butter - I prefer to use 1 Tablespoon for the extra buttery goodness
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas, washed
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet.
- Sauté sugar snap peas in butter until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Join our community and receive our Free Menu Planning Guide to make the most of your weekly meals.
This post contains affiliate links (more info here). I only recommend products that I either use myself or would be comfortable using.